How to reset your Joomla Password using PHPmyAdmin
Using phpMyAdmin built-in 'MD5' function for new passwords
1. Use a MySQL utility such as phpMyAdmin with MySQL 5.0.1 (or newer).
2. Open the correct database and select the table, jos_users . (Change default table prefix, 'jos_' to your table prefix if it is different.)
3. Select the record (or table row) for your administrator account (The first admin account, created by default, has an id of 62).
4. Click on 'Edit Record'.
5. To the right of the 'password' field, select the drop-down "function" of "MD5".
6. Enter new password in the 'data' field.
7. Save the record.
8. Point your browser to your site and log as the administrator using your new password.
9. Once logged in, Joomla will convert your md5 hash to a salted md5 hash, but you should change the password again to one that only you know.
Was this answer helpful?
This tutorial is going to show you how to change your front page content in Joomla. For the...
This tutorial will help you understand the four different user types of Joomla and what each can...
Modify the configuration .php file of your Joomla Installation Login to your cPanel and...
This tutorial will teach you how to manage articles in Joomla. You will need to be logged in...
The purpose of this tutorial is to teach you how to use the Mass Mail System in Joomla. You will...