How To Install Wordpress Print this Article
This tutorial will show you how to install WordPress. For this tutorial, you will need to go to http://wordpress.org.
1) Scroll right.
2) Click to download the latest stable release.
3) Choose your download version.
4) Save the file then go to where it was downloaded.
5) Extract the files.
6) Now, open the folder.
You willl need to upload the entire WordPress folder to your server using an FTP manager like FileZilla.
7) Once the files have been uploaded, go to your site in your web browser.
8) Click to Create a Configuration File.
9) Click the Let's go! button to continue.
10) Enter your MySQL username.
11) Now, enter your MySQL password.
12) Scroll down and click Submit.
13) Now, Run the install.
14) Enter a Title for your blog.
15) If you don't want a password generated for you, enter the desired one in these boxes.
16) Enter your E-mail address. Click Install WordPress to finish.
17) Click Log In.
18) Enter your Username.
19) Type the Password you chose.
20) You can check this box to automatically log you in from now on. Click Log In when done.
Success! This is your admin panel where you can manage your blog and its settings.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to install WordPress.
Was this answer helpful?
Fixing a hacked site has become easier with a tool we highly recommend every wordpress site...
You've successfully installed Wordpress for your domain or subdomain, and want to login to the...
1) This tutorial will show you how to write a comment in WordPress. This tutorial...
Migrating a Wordpress site from sub domain or any other domain is actually not well documented...
This can be changed in the .htaccess file.To view or edit the .htaccess file, enable hidden files...