Configuring a POP email account in Windows Live Mail
This tutorial assumes you've already launched Windows Live Mail.
1) To configure a POP email account, first click the "Accounts" tab.
2) Then click The "Email" icon.
3) Enter the email address you want to configure, and its password.
4) Enter a display name for your sent messages.
5) Then click here to manually configure your server settings.
6) Click "Next".
Next we have to configure our server settings.
7) Ensure "POP" is selected as the server type.
8) Then enter the incoming server address here.
9) Leave "Clear Text" selected as the authentication type.
10) Then enter the full email address as your user name here.
11) Next, enter the outgoing server address here.
12) Check here to require authentication.
13) Then click "Next".
That's it! The email account has been added.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to configure a POP email account in Windows Live Mail.
Was this answer helpful?
A very easy to use and quick to set up desktop email program is Outlook Express. It will allow...
This tutorial will explain how to setup an email account in the desktop program Netscape. This...
This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP email account on your iPad. 1) First, locate...
Outlook 2011 is a version of Microsoft Outlook available for the Mac computer. You can set up...
This tutorial will teach you how to set up an email account in the desktop email program Eudora,...