cPanel facilitates you to restore full domain including email accounts, MySQL databases, database users and other cPanel settings for your domains. This also allows you to migrate your domain from one server to another server hassle free. However, it is very important that you take care of the following instructions before effecting the migration of your domain.
1. Before you generate full backup from your cPanel, make sure you have enough disk space for your account.
2. If you have enough space, generate full backup by following the below steps:
- Login to your cPanel [Usually http://domain.com:2082].
- Go to Backups -> Download or Generate a Full Website Backup
- Select "Backup Destination" and click on "Generate Backup".
- Wait for few minutes to complete the backup. This depends on the size of your account.
3. Now, transfer the generated backup from your shared hosting account to your VPS or dedicated server. You can transfer it via FTP.
4. Before you restore your backup, make sure you have enough free disk space on your VPS or dedicated server. You will need at least three times more space than your backup file i.e. if you have 5 GB backup file, you will need at least 15 GB free space on your VPS or dedicated server.
5. Now, move your backup file in /home directory.
6. Go to WHM -> Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file
7. Enter the username and click on "Restore" button. The restoration takes time depending on the size of your account.