What is Domain Redemption ?
It is very important to renew your domain before it expires. Closed Redemption is a state that a domain enters once it has expired and gone through the Pending Deletion Phase.
The process the ZACR system follows is as per below:
1. The domain will expire.
2. The domain will go through the Pending Suspension and Pending Deletion Phase.
3. After the Pending Deletion phase, the domain enters the Closed Redemption Phase.
4. In the Closed Redemption Phase a domain can be reinstated(renewed) at the cost of the Closed Redemption Fee:
- R 300.00 for .ZA Domains
- R 700.00 for .Joburg .Capetown and .Durban
- R 3800 (thousand) for TLDs and GTLDs, like .com .net .biz, .org .mobi .travel etc.
5. How long a domain name stays in Closed Redemption depends on the Registry. For .ZA Domains the Redemption Period is 30 days, for TLDs like .COM it can range from 45 - 90 days.
- 1 Users Found This Useful
This tutorial will guide you step by step on how to use and set up an Add-on domain. An Add-on...
This tutorial will teach how to park a domain. A "Parked" domain shows the same content as the...
This tutorial will teach you how to set up URL redirects. Redirects allow you to make a specific...
This tutorial will teach you how to create a Subdomain. Subdomains are URLs for different...
As our new hosting client, if you have already purchased your domain name through 123-reg.co.uk,...